Making a difference in lives of our patients for Over 45 years
Traverse Health Clinic is more than your average Family Practice. We are an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit, Federally Qualified Community Health Center (FQHC).
What that means for you is that at Traverse Health Clinic, you get a "one stop shop" for high quality, comprehensive health care services for everyone in your family.
We make health care accessible for EVERYONE in our community. We do not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, religion, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression), age, marital and parental status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Our goal is your complete wellness. We offer our patients a variety of support services such as interpreter services and help accessing dental care, if needed. As a service to all our patients, we offer assistance with transportation to and from appointments with us. If you are uninsured or under-insured our Enrollment and Eligibility Specialist can assist you with applying for health insurance coverage or our sliding fee scale discount.
Call us today for more information about our services or to schedule an appointment to put you on your path to health and wellness: (231) 935-0799.
Out of our volunteer roots, Traverse Health Clinic has grown and evolved into a Community Health Center that is large enough to offer comprehensive services and still small enough to provide personal care.
- We offer integrated care. Our primary care, behavioral health, and support services all work together to help you achieve your best health possible.
- We can be your one-stop-shop for your whole family's health care needs. We provide primary care to patients of all ages from infants to senior citizens and everyone in between. Our on-site therapists offer behavioral health/counseling services to adults and adolescents ages 12 and up. If someone in your family is dealing with a substance use disorder or addiction, we offer a team-based approach to recovery.
- We ALWAYS welcome new patients. Whether you have private insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, the Healthy Michigan Plan, or no health insurance, we will work with you to manage your health care needs.
- We are a non-profit organization. Our Board of Directors is made up of patients and community members. As a matter of fact, the majority of our board members are patients just like you.
- Making high quality health care accessible to EVERYONE in our community is our mission. No one is ever turned away because they don't have health insurance or can't pay. If you don't have insurance, we can help you determine what coverage options you have. We'll even walk you through the application process step-by-step. We also offer a sliding fee scale based on family size and income and can work with you to arrange a payment plan you can afford.
I may worry about making ends meet, but I no longer worry about my daughter’s health.Kim, patient and single mom