make a donation twitter facebook
Newsletter Sign Up

Email Marketing by VerticalResponse


What is the Traverse Health Clinic?

The Traverse Health Clinic is a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organization that provides access to low cost primary care services for all in need of access.  For those who meet specific eligibility criteria and are enrolled in our programs, we also offer access to specialty, vision, dental and mental health services, as well as outpatient hospital services.


What geography does Traverse Health Clinic serve?

The Clinic itself is headquartered at 3147 Logan Valley Road in Traverse City, MI, but serves all individuals in need of access to care.


How old must you be to become a patient of the Traverse Health Clinic?

The Clinic now serves all ages, from children to seniors.


What is CHAP and is it different from the Traverse Health Clinic?

CHAP (Coalition Health Access Program) is one of the programs of the Traverse Health Clinic that offers health services to qualified adult residents of Benzie, Grand Traverse and Leelanau Counties.  It provides access to health services donated by local hospitals, physicians and other health practitioners in the three counties.


What are the eligibility criteria for the CHAP program?

Click here for the details on the eligibility criteria for the CHAP program, or, call the CHAP office at 231-935-0799 and ask for a Member Services Representative.  Office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 to 5:00 PM and Friday, 8:00 to 4:00PM.


Is CHAP a state or federal government program?



Is CHAP insurance?



How much does it cost to join CHAP or be a patient of the Traverse Health Clinic?

Enrollees in our CHAP program are asked to pay a $10 fee per visit.   For those persons not eligible for CHAP and who have submitted financial paperwork, a sliding fee scale will determine the level you are asked to pay.  This is determined upon income.


How is the Traverse Health Clinic funded?

The Traverse Health Clinic is a non-profit organization that is largely dependent upon the private sector for support, with gifts and grants from individuals, foundations and corporations.  Through the end of 2013, we will obtain funds through indigent care contracts that support our programs, and some (but declining) state revenues because we administer a State of Michigan program called Adult Benefit Waiver (ABW).


How do I make a donation to the Traverse Health Clinic?

Click here to make a donation or contact Sherri Fenton, Director of Development, at 231-935-0412 or, to learn more.